Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Out of the Shadows

I feel better today. My heart is lighter and I feel stronger, my faith in America renewed. I know now that I had never really lost that faith, it was just drowned in the clamor of corruption and arrogance that was so constant and so loud for so many years

America spoke yesterday. All across this country, with one great voice America rose up and said that arrogance, fearmongering, greed, and corruption do not constitute our values.

America demanded yesterday that its leadership be responsible to the people, that its actions serve the people and not the moneyed elite.

And most of all, America supported our troops yesterday. Not by putting stickers on their cars, but with action. America told its leadership to end the meaningless deaths and injuries of our soldiers in a war gone wrong.

Today, for the first time in years, I am once again proud of my country and proud to be an American.

This country is its people, who gave up much in the name of fear but who have now stepped out of the shadows of  9/11 and spoken for values that matter more than mere survival.

Old Glory looks brighter today.

No comments:

Post a Comment